Elementary School Teacher Cover Letter
Elementary School Teachers provide instruction to students from kindergarten to 5th grade. This job is suitable for someone who loves interacting with children and who is knowledgeable on subjects such as literature, science, and math. Primary responsibilities of an Elementary School Teacher include: developing instructional materials, ensuring a positive educational climate, grading tests, assigning homework, answering to student inquiries, writing grant proposals, ensuring classroom control, and reporting to parents.
A successful cover letter sample for Elementary School Teacher should highlight the following qualifications:
- Instructional skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal abilities
- Self-discipline and dedication
- Supervisory skills
- Analytical thinking
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Computer competences
- Knowledge of music, sport, art, modern languages, and drama
Comparable Elementary School Teacher skills are visible in the cover letter example displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Elementary School Teacher Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Mr. Florence:
As an enthusiastic and dedicated Elementary School Teacher with experience developing lesson plans and curriculum for elementary students, it is my pleasure to submit the enclosed resume for your consideration with regards to your opening for a First Grade Teacher at Sunnyside Elementary School. My passion for education—coupled with my 11+ years of teaching experience—positions me to substantially impact your school in this role.
My experience includes teaching kindergarten, first-, and second-graders across a range of subjects and capacities, leveraging strong communication, creativity, and motivational skills to accelerate student learning. My inherent passion for cultivating collaborative and exciting educational environments has successfully encouraged and developed thoughtful and engaged young students while simultaneously equipping them with the necessary learning tools and techniques to advance into the increasingly learning-intensive school years.
Highlights of my qualifications include:
- Possessing current Washington State Teacher Certification, as well as an MS in Childhood Education.
- Designing individualized plans and programs tailored to each student’s unique needs to facilitate a personalized approach to learning while stimulating students’ educational enjoyment and appreciation.
- Fostering strong student relationships, encouraging queries and comments and laying the foundation for a dynamic and exciting classroom environment.
- Working collaboratively and effectively with fellow teachers, school administrators, and parents.
With my proven experience and top-notch credentials, I am well prepared to dedicate myself to the highest standards of learning at Sunnyside Elementary and surpass your expectations for this position. I look forward to discussing my qualifications in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.