Cheerleading Coach Cover Letter
Cheerleading Coaches develop, implement, teach and lead cheering programs, typically in high schools, while mentoring cheerleaders to encourage their full physical and personal potential. Typical responsibilities include managing program budgets, choreographing routines, conducting practices and coordinating relevant administrative tasks like scheduling and transportation. Strong communication and presentation abilities are required for this role.
Cover letters for Cheerleading Coaches often highlight many of the following skills:
- Practice coordination, scheduling, coaching
- Technique demonstration/instruction
- Program development/implementation
- Basic conditioning/stretching/jumping/lifting
- Cheerleader mentoring and relationship building
- Feedback/performance improvement
- Regulatory compliance
- Parent/student/staff communications
Below, find a sample cover letter for this position detailing comparable abilities and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Cheerleading Coach Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Mr. Oller:
It is with great interest and enthusiasm that I submit the enclosed resume for your review in response to your search for a new Cheerleading Coach at Anabel Lewis High School. As a motivated and personable coach with five years of excellent experience developing and leading cheer programs and mentoring young girls to reach their maximum potential, I would certainly be a valuable asset to your school in this role.
My background includes teaching cheerleading teams the fundamentals of cheering through demonstrations, choreography, stretching and basic conditioning. With strong inner motivation and outstanding interpersonal skills, I excel in spearheading active and healthy practice sessions, delivering positive and constructive feedback to improve cheerleaders’ performances, and managing operational budgets of up to $150,000. Additionally, my superior organization and communication talents are certain to be beneficial in this position.
Highlights of my qualifications include…
- Developing from scratch, implementing and leading the cheer program at LeSalle High School, building solid relationships with cheerleaders to increase their confidence, self-esteem, and healthy body image and achieve their personal and team goals.
- Choreographing cheerleading routines and instructing squad members on performance techniques through demonstrations and rigorous practices.
- Overseeing all logistical tasks, including schedule preparation, practice coordination, transportation and community service/philanthropic activities.
- Ensuring thorough compliance with all regulations pertaining to schedules, sportsmanship, and performances.
- Communicating regularly and effectively with school administrators, parents, and cheerleaders.
With my demonstrated commitment to building and coaching outstanding cheerleading programs, I am prepared to exceed your expectations at Anabel Lewis. I welcome the opportunity to discuss this opportunity and my qualifications with you in more detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Andrea R. Allen