Disability Case Manager
Working as a Disability Case Manager at [company name], involves administering and managing Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability Claims.
- Adjudicated and managed complex short-term, long-term, appeals and seamless disability claims from initial claim to return to work within strict service level agreements.
- Assessment of client via telephone interview.
- Conducted and coordinated community programs and vocation rehabilitation efforts leading to reduction of claims experience.
- Developed an appropriate return-to-work goal with the employee and employer and provide support for the return-to-work planning process.
- Reviewed and researched the policies, agreements and legal precedents affecting disability claims.
- Liaise with medical, legal, human resources and occupational health and other health experts in the assessment of claims.
- Manage and develop excellent relations with Employees, Employers, External HR, doctors, internal Rehabilitation Consultants and Medical Coordinators to facilitate return to work focused plans.
- Prepare cost-benefit analyses of proposed budgets to validate claims management expenses
- Provided coaching and mentoring to new case managers and member of the process improvement team for the Toronto Disability department.