Managed 2 salary and 14 hourly associates responsible for purchasing productive and non-productive materials, receiving, warehousing, and in-plant material flow. Managed $140M raw material inventory budget. Directed supply chain to support production, new product launches, ECNs, and supplier transitions. Developed and executed quarterly projects to improve plant performance metrics.
- Implemented storage improvements at 75,000 sq ft warehouse to increase capacity more than 35% and developed unique locations for product to facilitate timely locating and processing of material.
- Negotiated supplier cost reductions to achieve annual savings of more than $200K in first year.
- Instructed steel forecasting changes to alleviate annually realized PPV surcharges ($80-100K/yr) from purchasing material on spot buy during seasonal production ramp-up.
- Created a queue for sequenced bulk material and established kanban signals and communication boards to prioritize replenishment from offsite warehouse to reduce material production disruptions 60%.
- Containerized purchased drain pans with three suppliers to reduce shipping and handling damage (PPM) 85%, reduce storage footprint 40% (2100 sq ft), and decrease freight cost 30%.