Drywall, Tile Installer
Measure and mark surfaces to lay out work, using tape measures, straightedges or squares, and marking devices.
- Fit and fasten wallboard or drywall into position on wood or metal frameworks, using glue, nails or screws.
- Hang dry lines to wall molding to guide positioning of main runners.
- Measure and cut openings in panels or tiles for electrical outlets, windows, vents, plumbing, or other fixtures, using keyhole saws or other cutting tools.
- Hang drywall panels on metal frameworks of walls and ceilings in offices, schools, or other large buildings, using lifts or hoists to adjust panel heights when necessary.
- Assemble or install metal framing or decorative trim for windows, doorways, or vents.
- Coordinate work with drywall finishers who cover the seams between drywall panels.
- Trim rough edges from wallboard to maintain even joints, using knives.
- Cut and screw together metal channels to make floor or ceiling frames, according to plans for the location of rooms or hallways.