Water Treatment Plant Operator/supervisor
Performed all aspects of sampling, monitoring and testing required to maintain compliance with Federal State and Local regulations governing the water treatment process, and safe drinking water management
- Performed the installation, maintenance and repair of the physical plant and pumping stations and all of their components.
- Assisted in the performance of regular and unscheduled maintenance and repairs on all plant equipment and machinery.
- Was on call to respond to emergencies and breakdowns at the plant and pumping stations.
- Conducted the necessary weekend checks of the treatment plant on a rotating basis.
- Performed all work in conformance to Occupational Safety and Health Act regulations.
- Maintained open communications with the Chief Operator regarding the treatment process and pumping stations operation and malfunctions, as well as make recommendations for repairs and improvements to these systems.
- Performed and documented various tests required by State and Federal agencies for the operation of a water treatment plant.
- Performed daily checks of the water treatment process and periodic checks of pumping stations.