Oversaw routine operation of Catalytic Reforming Unit, [company name], Chemical Aromatics Complex, and Plant Flare System. Operated, maintained, and inspected unit equipment such as valves, pumps, compressors, turbines, fired heaters, boilers, cooling towers, tanks, and refrigeration systems. Prepared unit equipment safely for maintenance, followed lockout/tagout procedures, and issued work permits accordingly. Made thorough rounds and took readings and samples as required. Maintained accurate and updated log books.
- Helped cut costs and improve efficiency by performing minor maintenance on unit equipment and closely monitoring necessary unit-specific conditions
- Responded to unit upsets and emergencies in a safe and effective manner
- Minimized safety hazards by practicing good housekeeping and reporting potential near-misses
- Trained and provided assistance to other employees on a regular basis
- Ensured safe, efficient, and environmentally-friendly operation of process units