Directed activities of 12 electrical/electronic technicians, machinist, mechanics, millwrights and storeroom personnel engaged in supporting steel container manufacturing operation. I also coordinated planning functions, including work orders, support materials, drawings, directions, bill of materials, safety requirements, vendor materials, crafts needed, number of craftsmen and time allotment for task execution.
- Facilitated preventive and breakdown maintenance on production and support equipment to reduce down time and increase throughput.
- Issued assignments, selected appropriate personnel and followed to completion.
- Maintained facilities Preventive Maintenance database, which included scheduling, environmental and routine maintenance throughout the plant.
- Arranged outside contract work for maintenance of 15 motorized vehicles.
- Relocated storeroom and moved specialty spare parts closer to the equipment areas to reduce access time.
- Managed a team that achieved 97% on time OSHA guarding compliance utilizing SMIT (Self Management Involvement Training).
- Managed shutdown of 7 product lines in three other facilities that were relocated to the LaPorte facility and put back into production to meet projected sales forecast. This included coordination of engineering, in-house union labor, and contractors.