Senior Right of Way Agent
This was a Pipeline job that traveled a total of 1327 miles across the United States and was regulated by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission. It was my responsibility to locate the location of proposed pipeline with the use of Aerial Photos, Tax Plats, and Surveys, and to see exactly whose property they would cross. It was then my duty to clear any ownership disputes that would leave a question as to who the rightful owner (s) of property or properties were, this was done by completing a 35 year title on affected properties, as well as completing a 100 year search of Easements and Right of Ways across them. When this stage of the pipeline was done, I then worked extensively with Survey Supervisor, Crew Chief and surveyors, as well as landowners to insure a successful completion of survey lines that had to be done in a timely manner.
- Researched all property records in order to make sure landowners had clear title
- Created Title Certificates and Chain of Title for individual landowners and built files off of these
- Negotiated with landowners to acquire necessary ROW for Pipeline, Valve sites, and access roads
- Worked with surveyors to insure proper route according to what was agreed on with landowner
- Kept in depth reports on all aspects of survey, purchasing, recording, and title
- Worked with construction in order to complete proposed route and to negotiate any changes