Global Voice Architect / Senior Communications Network Analyst / Voice Engineer
Performed duties in the Information Technology Division as a Voice Engineer, responsible for client setup and integration on SITEL's global voice network. Oversaw setup and maintenance of all voice systems, including all integration of reporting, CTI, SIP and various Voice Recording Systems. Managed a team of voice engineers and Voice Operations Group.
- Architected and consolidated 15 large scale voice platforms into 4 data centers, centralizing network operations.
- Architected and implemented an internal call accounting process for outbound calling and isolated troubleshooting saving SITEL over $750K in proprietary software purchases, and $235K in annual maintenance.
- Successfully installed 7 large-scale global voice communication platforms carrying 90% of the company's telephony revenue by consolidating 36 independent voice platforms saving over $9.5K in annual maintenance costs.
- Designed and initiated/programmed ACD client call flow and led architectural designs of client builds eliminating programming differences between engineers and allowing for easier client moves, adds and changes (MAC) on a daily basis.
- Influenced the movement of Frame-Relay onto Multi-Protocol Label Switching Service (MPLS) allowing better traffic prioritization (voice and data) across the Wide Area Network (WAN).
- Provided Tier III troubleshooting support, in ACD, Call Recording, CTI, SIP Trunk. Complete familiarity with Avaya CM platform products.