Quality Technical Engineer / Laboratory Supervisor / Excellence Manager
Lead quality control functions and laboratory operations encompassing workflow management, analytical / technical support to production department, procedure development, materials procurement, process statistical analysis, and annual supplier reviews. Direct R&D projects, prepare reports for CEO, and represent company as invited panelist at academic science fairs and conferences on Working in Industry. Manage $980K annual budget. Mentor, motivate, and supervise team of up to eight laboratory technicians.
- Established quality laboratory for this start-up facility by writing operating procedures, work instructions, and calibrations, organizing lab to meet ISO 9001 standards, providing production department with trend analysis, and qualifying new product lines and products.
- Delivered 45% cost savings, while increasing process capability from 0.03 to 2.57 by leading Six Sigma Green Belt project that minimized variation for specific product property within six months.
- Delivered 79% cost savings in Quality Department by improving work efficiency and operational imporvements
- Boosted workflow efficiency 97%, while achieving 94% cost savings by developing new testing methods to determine sizing concentration on fiber surface. Methods are now used across company in other plants.
- Ranked as top performing facility for accuracy and precision in mechanical and physical sampling despite being operational for less than one year against other three plants' several years of operations.
- Played instrumental role in resolving technical issues for BMW within one week as member of expert technical team. Categorized issues based on highest impact throughout supply chain, prioritized top five issues, and eliminated additional step in production process.