Quality Assurance Technician
Conceptualized, recommended, and implemented a Quality Huddle while simultaneously managing Quality Department; held Nominal Group Technique (NGT) brainstorming meetings, analyzed work lines, reworked processes, rewrote work instructions for best practices. Improved production by 100% and quality by 50%.
- Recruited to single-handedly serve on 2.5 year Dover Strategic Sourcing Initiative (DSSI) project; analyzed 7,500 product parts, researched dimensions and compared to blueprint; produced both and analyzed best dimension, created accurate blueprints and compiled in 50 3-ring binders available to Engineering and Plant personnel.
- Analyzed a break-away design to create end user repair functionality; identified cause, called Kaizen Blitz across department lines, created and implemented solution within 10 hours, and proved reliability.
- Combined knowledge, experience, and ability to communicate highly technical data to earn Subject Matter Expert status across department lines, and with vendors and customers.
- Worked closely with 30 machining, die-cast, foundry and plastic molding vendors on week-long on-site audits to analyze product quality, recommend changes, and ultimately improve incoming quality of parts.
- Trained and certified 13 ISO:9000 Internal Auditors to perform quarterly internal audits; worked across production to write correction actions, ensuring ISO:9000 compliance. Earned high praise from outside auditor.