Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Maintain nuclear grade quality standards by traveling to vendor locations and completing source inspections / audits on in-process manufacturing and finished products. Schedule and perform both internal and external audits using both ISO9001 and NQA-1 auditing standards. Onsite inspections completed by authenticating drawing specifications; researching material traceability on critical production materials, conducting visual and measurement tests; witnessing testing; confirming calibrated equipment is within standards; rejecting and returning unacceptable materials or finished products. Supervised inventory capacity and approved product crating and delivery classifications. Reviewed and inspected onsite process improvement and lean manufacturing techniques. Documenting inspection / audit results in written reports, deviation reports, nonconformance documents, SOP's, and completing required customer inspections and paperwork.
- Reached 1.2 million dollars of billable income with inspections of nuclear product of the company's 1.8 million budgeted goal for the month of December 2012.
- Decreased quality paperwork turn-around time by 50% thus resulting in quicker overall final inspections and faster shipment of nuclear products to the customer.
- Worked with vendor to help streamline QA processes to improve product delivery dates using project management strategies.
- Assisted in opening two new vendor-manufacturing locations by completing audits and surveillances on vendor in-process procedures.
- Developed projects plans / schedules for large company projects to help track progress and ensure vendors were staying on schedule. Directed weekly meeting to ensure that key stakeholders were informed.