Wind Fleet Team Power Electronics Engineer
Determined root cause and developed a countermeasure for Harmonic Filter Capacitor failures on the Siemens 2.3 MW wind turbine, using data acquisition tools, analysis of failed capacitors, and quality improvement tools.
- Determined root cause and developed a countermeasure for Power Factor Correction Capacitor failures on the Vestas V80 wind turbine, using data acquisition tools, analysis of failed capacitors, and quality improvement tools.
- Collaborated with Xantrex and Clipper to determine root cause and identify countermeasures for Xantrex Matrix failures on the Clipper 2.5 MW wind turbine, using quality improvement tools.
- Performed a power quality analysis using LabVIEW and National Instruments hardware to inspect for subharmonics when a series capacitor at the Horse Hollow Wind Site substation was closed into the transmission system.
- Assisted in designing and managing the implementation of the data acquisition system in LabVIEW for the Wind Analytics Test Turbine.
- Worked with wind technicians remotely and on site to troubleshoot wind turbine converter faults across various platforms (GE, SEG, Xantrex, Converteam, etc ).
- Developed power electronics repair specification for wind turbines.