Project Manager and Sr. Communication Engineer
Designed, implemented, tested and migrated a new generation of Shared Data Center (SDC) Network for DTCC, FICC, and MBSCC Stock Clearance. The design used an OSPF multi-area backbone. SDC customers use RIP and BGP to access this backbone. The design was fully redundant and the fail-over to backup site was seamless for it utilized advanced policy routing.
- Designed and implemented the SFTI (MPLS-VPN and traffic engineering based Secure Financial Transaction Infrastructure) network, for customers accessing the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), American Stock Exchange (AMEX) and Shared Data Center (SDC), using MPLS/VPN and Traffic Engineering & MPLS/VPLS, OSPF, QoS, and Multicast.
- Managed a team with Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) to interface with customers directly. Gathered network requirements and developed detailed network designs.
- Worked with Con Edison, Level 3, and Equinix on WAN link drops at carrier hotels.
- Coordinated with customer engineering and operation group for equipment ordering, network implementation, testing, and cutover to production.
- Designed and implemented Frame Relay and Leased Line to access SDC network. Executed all network changes and second level operation support.
- Maintained and troubleshot sector network for accessing NYSE services. This was a SIAC Extranet with Cisco switches based backbone running on BGP and EIGRP.