Instrumentation Design Engineer
Designed and implemented scanning system, as a non-destructive testing method for composite material imaging using low power L-band (900MHz) RF energy. Designed all microwave horns, antennas and waveguides. Implemented computer codes, computer controls and designed automated positioning system; designed advanced electronic sensing hardware. A U.S. Patent was filed on this scanning test system.
- Designed and developed electronic pressure control circuits and real-time data acquisition system for the measurement of composite materials and wood decay (Stress-Bending Test). The system has become a standard test at MFPL for material decay evaluation.
- Designed and developed real-time data acquisition system for the measurement of dimensional stability of composite materials using linear displacement sensors. The system has become a standard test at MFPL for dimensional stability evaluation.
- Designed and developed real-time data acquisition system for the measurement of water absorption of composite materials in a vapor-phase chamber. Implemented computer automated temperature and humidity controls, evaluated collected data, & provided analysis reports on demand.
- Designed and implemented PC-based database for laboratory-wide inquires of periodical and publications using Rbase for DOS.
- IT engineer responsible for computer systems in Laboratory-wide use network