General / Electrical Contractor
Directed all day-to-day operations; planned, supervised, and coordinated all phases of installation, repair, and construction projects, including client communications, supplies sourcing, vendor negotiations, acquisition of permits, and hiring and scheduling of assistants and subcontractors. Specialized in electrical installation for homes, commercial businesses, and industrial facilities, following blueprints and troubleshooting electrical circuits. Administered job estimating, proposal preparation, and financial recordkeeping. Ensured compliance with regulations and building codes.
- Successfully promoted and grew business from $10K start-up to more than $300K in annual revenues with targeted advertising campaigns and delivery of quality service.
- Wired more than 100 residential homes, including installation of main panels, breakers, outlets, appliances, underground and overhead 200 and 400 amp 240-volt single-phase services and installation of phone and cable cat5.
- Installed 400 to 1200 amp three-phase systems for commercial applications, including switchgears, feeders, panel boards, conduit, device boxes, and branch circuits.
- Earned residential, commercial, and industrial state contractor and electrical license.
- Key clients included: Friedman's Jewelers, Walters Funeral Home, Sonic Drive-In, Lafollette Middle School, JLS Video, Lafollette Eye Clinic, Riggs Drug Store, Pryor Parrott Attorneys, New Horizon Church, Edible Arrangements, and Aspen Square Plaza.