School Administrative Assistant
Plan, establish, and supervised the implementation of clerical procedures in a school office to insure timely preparation and submission of reports, records, studies, letters, and other materials.
- Supervised clerical work related to such matters as enrollment, attendance, curriculum, personnel, organization, budgeting, accidents, student grades, special programs, time reporting, and requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
- Performed secretarial duties for a principal by arranging appointments, maintaining an appointment calendar, receiving visitors, screening telephone calls and mail, and composing communications from general instructions or rough notes.
- Utilize and supervise the use of application software such as People Soft and ADPT to conduct school business including payroll, procurement, financial reports, attendance, personnel matters, and secretarial duties.
- Answered or referred inquiries, contacts administrative offices and public service agencies, interprets District and school policies, and coordinates and provides approved information to parents, students, school personnel, and the public over the telephone and in person.
- Orients new and substitute teachers, parent groups, volunteers, and aides in school and office administrative policies and procedures and issues materials, such as daily bulletins, programs, and keys.
- Organize and maintain files, records and guides.
- Performed miscellaneous clerical work, such as filing, typing, relaying messages, operating office machines, and opening and routing mail.
- May maintain a standardized bookkeeping system for financial transactions, receive and disburse funds, and compile reports.
- May prepare and proofread class schedules and other materials and supervise their mailing and distribution.