Employment Specialist/career Coach
Senior employment specialist with a case load of 50+ clients residing in the Forbell Men's Shelter who had limited employment skills, some with alcohol and substance abuse issues. Conducted comprehensive vocational and educational assessments and created individual service plans to assist in moving clients from the shelter system into the workforce.
- Conducted initial intakes to assess each client's vocational and educational levels, which led to the formulation of individual service plans to aid clients with their transitioning to gainful employment.
- Wrote comprehensive and precise case notes to document progress for each client as prescribed by their individual service plans.
- Facilitated a minimum of two daily work readiness workshops focused on verbal communication, appropriate dress, image and interview skills.
- Conducted and recorded mock interviews which focused on tough interview questions and provided constructive feed back to clients.
- Established a set of training programs and a network of prospective employers, which were instrumental in creating employment success rates of up to 25-30% annually for "work ready" clients.
- Created additional group workshops such as the "Job Club, " to support multiple clients through the interviewing process and promote peer learning and networking.
- Submitted progress reports to Program Director in staff-only meetings. Also reported on implementing additional workshops within the employment and work readiness department to facilitate the overall goal of upgrading clients from the shelter system into the workforce.