Determine allocations of funds for staff, supplies, materials, and equipment, and authorize purchases.
- Enforce discipline and attendance rules.
- Counsel and provide guidance to students regarding personal, academic, vocational, or behavioral issues.
- Direct and coordinate activities of teachers, administrators, and support staff at schools, public agencies, and institutions.
- Prepare and submit budget requests and recommendations, or grant proposals to solicit program funding.
- Direct and coordinate school maintenance services and the use of school facilities.
- Confer with parents and staff to discuss educational activities, policies, and student behavioral or learning problems.
- Prepare, maintain, or oversee the preparation and maintenance of attendance, activity, planning, or personnel reports and records.
- Review and approve new programs, or recommend modifications to existing programs, submitting program proposals for school board approval as necessary.