Senior Systems Administrator/systems Administrator
Build, maintain, monitor, troubleshoot, and repair over 500 servers globally for this world-wide retail company. Evaluate and install patches, maintain and monitor system configuration to ensure data integrity. Build, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair SQL databases. Establish guidelines, document instructions, and maintain server inventory database and drawings. Support and maintain domain accounts, Microsoft Exchange mailboxes and Blackberry accounts. Configure switch ports and allocate IP addresses.
- "Go to" person for advice by server team and various application owners. Quickly resolved hardware/software issues that other administrators were unable to diagnose to keep the business running.
- Worked as an interim database administrator for four years until a new database administrator was hired.
- Worked closely with various application owners to ensure new servers were successfully deployed to support critical business functions in a timely manner.
- Went outside of job responsibility and assisted the network team during the Nexus switch upgrade project by learning how to configure switch ports for the servers including EtherChannel then completed migrating the server connectivity.
- Took ownership of VMware ESX 4.0 global upgrade project and completed, then implemented HA and DRS clusters.