In charge of configuring, installing, and administering network infrastructure, including 54 Cisco routers, over 500 Alcatel switches, and wireless classroom networks with 60 APs that support a college staff of 3,000 people and 20,000 students.
- Designed and deployed a completely managed wireless network for the college campus which integrated with wireless door locks, cameras and the Gainesville Police Department's VPN (IPS Kirkpatrick Center).
- Implemented remote access points capable of extending any VLAN from the main campus to any Wired/Wireless RAP port anywhere in the world.
- Installed IP, digital, analog, DECT, SIP phones, and wireless IP phones.
- Jointly configured and implemented FatPipe, an Internet load balancer for using multiple Internet Service Providers.
- Implemented WhatsUp Gold software for managing health, availability and performance of network equipment, and monitoring network traffic; also, implemented an automated SMS text messaging system for sending messages to cell phones when the network device is down, which significantly reduced downtime for the network.
- Upgraded core Alcatel switches from 1Gbit to 20Gbit (2x10Gbit etherchannel), which significantly improved video and data backup.
- Significantly improved VOIP traffic by converting from Layer 2 to Layer 3 which eliminated spanning tree issues and network downtime.