Nuclear Construction Field Engineer
Field Engineering for a multi-billion dollar project, the fabrication and production of Westinghouse AP-1000 modules, Vogtle 3 & 4 and Summer 2 & 3 units in Burke County, near Waynesboro, Georgia and Columbia, South Carolina respectively.
- Work hand in hand with Quality Assurance and Quality Control to set procedures for production and inspection that meet and exceed both CB&I quality and safety requirements and those prescribed by the nuclear regulatory commission.
- Review Welding Specification Procedures, Quality Control Inspection processes in the Turnover department to maintain compliance with structure fabrication codes, AISC, AWS D1.1, D1.4, and D1.6, ASTM, ASME and ANSI to the NQA-1 nuclear quality standard.
- Plan, direct, and execute work for all engineering disciplines in the field to support construction projects.
- Lead Project requirements for the Turnover department to ensure proper understanding of roles and responsibilities.
- Observe and ensure construction practices as required for compliance of construction operations/execution with federal, state, and ASME and AWS codes, industry standards, company procedures, and contractual requirements.
- Gather approved documents and information to submit for approval according to the NRC 10CFR52 and 10CFR50 requirements.