Notified or located customers with delinquent or overdue account, damage claims, or non-payable checks and attempted to secure payment using mail or telephone.
- Conferred with customers in attempt to determine reason for overdue payments reviewing terms of sales, service, or credit contracts.
- Prepared statements for credit department if customers failed to respond.
- Scheduled payment plans for delinquent accounts and erased accounts from credit reports.
- Kept record of collections and status of account, received payments, and posted amounts paid to customers' accounts.
- Responded to correspondences or telephone inquiry from customers regarding delinquent bills, actions taken, or recommendation for adjustment of actions.
- Traced customers who changed residence without notifying creditors to avoid payment of bills.
- Searched city telephone directories, street listings and post office, former employers, third parties and other means to elicit information pertaining to whereabouts of skips.
- Followed up leads and prepared report of investigation of creditors.
- Traced individuals for serving legal papers.