Acts as the central support for the coordination and resolution of all operational support functions and irregularities concerning Flight Dispatch
- Exercising authority and responsibility for the safe dispatch, and flight tracking of company flights.
- Jointly responsible, along with the pilot in command for the preflight planning of all flight according to company operations specifications and Part 121 FAR's
- Accurately read and interpret the Current and Forecasted Weather, NOTAM's PIREP's, and Winds aloft.
- Ensure that each flight release and flight plan is properly and accurately prepared for each leg of the flight.
- Advise flight crews of all adverse weather conditions along the route of flight via ACARS, Radios and SETCOM.
- Monitor all company flights from origin through all intermediate stops to the destination airport via Flight Explorer computer software.
- Issue the necessary instructions and information for safe operation of all flights.