Senior Software Architect
Lead developer and administrator of a web-based commercial vehicle telematics (CVT) system providing integrated solutions for fleet management. Created a GPS-based telematics software module that provides real-time and historical vehicle tracking/reporting, wireless 2-way communications, dispatch, exception alerts, vehicle navigation, engine diagnostics (J-bus or OBDII), DOT Hours of Service reporting, fuel transaction monitoring, fuel-saving device validation, stolen vehicle location, vehicle maintenance reporting, and performance metrics reporting by tracking of fuel consumption, idle time and driving habits. This application has led to increased productivity and greatly reduced costs (thousands per vehicle per year), and reduced pollutants by lowering fuel consumption, allowing for a company to apply for carbon credits based on the Kyoto protocol.
- Performed modeling, planning, implementation, PL/SQL programming, performance tuning, and DBA'ing Oracle databases. Managed development, test, and production environments.
- Coded DDL scripts, stored procedures, functions, triggers, packages, views, and scheduler processes.
- Created a reusable set of SQL tools for developing custom branded solutions for customers.
- Managed and mentored 5 .NET developers to teach the business and integrate front/back-end code.
- Worked directly with President, CEO, and Sales/Marketing to obtain requirements.
- Integrated with 3rd party client software such as Great Plains Accounting, Telogis (NAVTEQ), TCH, COMDATA, OMNI TMS, SAP, Nistevo, PCMiler, Google Maps API, XML, X.12 EDI, flat files, SQL Loader.