Senior Java Architect, Enterprise/professional Services
Led projects for customers such as Trading systems (Wall St., Chicago, Europe, Asia Pacific), enterprise development frameworks, SOA, Web Portals, e-commerce (B2C, B2B), architectural evaluations, emergency application help, mentoring services, performance, training. Managed development teams through inception, requirements gathering, design, architecture, implementation, and deployment for numerous customers. Many projects not identified.
- Led team of 10-13 US and Hong Kong-based developers to build global Rights/Authorization management system for global financial institution. System was targeted for global deployment, with first phase deployed in Singapore and Hong Kong. System streamlined authorization across all applications.
- Re-architected several real-time trade systems for German exchange, which were under-performing. This resulted in many optimizations such sorts which took 15 seconds reduced to 0.3 seconds or 4360% sort-time reduction.
- Led team of three to evaluate state of Web Services for major global financial institution helping to define enterprise direction for implementing Web Services. Resulted in long term engagement for Sun Microsystems.
- Managed initial design and architecture of B2C medical web portal system for Malaysian Ministry of Health. Development staff numbered over 40 with three sub-groups. Led development effort through prototype.
- Engaged at least three times by global financial services/bank. For emergency production support, to re-architect faulty system, evaluate accounting systems architecture and fix it. Resulted in 30% reduction in processing time.
- Led/participated in development of several web portals such as Volume.com, Eli Lilly's Gemzar, etc.