Registered Nurse Cover Letter
Registered Nurses work in healthcare facilities and in homes helping to restore patient health. They are required to collaborate with physicians and to provide support to patients and their family members at the same time. Examples of Registered Nurse duties include: determining patient care requirements, providing emotional support, educating patients on their conditions, answering to inquiries, administering medicine, monitoring health condition and vital signs, adhering to infection control policies, and preparing patients for procedures.
A successful cover letter example for Registered Nurse displays the following skills:
- Clinical skills and medical teamwork
- Bedside manners and empathy
- Nursing expertise
- Emotional stability and composure
- Discipline and commitment
- Multitasking and time management
- Health promotion and infection control
- Computer literacy
- Stamina and resilience
Similar Registered Nurse qualifications can be seen in the sample cover letter provided beneath.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Registered Nurse Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Bianchi:
As a skilled Registered Nurse with comprehensive experience providing nursing services to a wide variety of patients within critical care environments, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume. My background in supporting patient care will allow me to substantially assist Klahown Medical Center in meeting—and exceeding—its healthcare goals.
My background includes preparing surgical rooms and equipment, utilizing highly technical devices / equipment, monitoring patient progress, and communicating with cross-functional medical teams to coordinate all aspects of patient care. Tracking patient vitals, maintaining detailed patient and procedure records, and providing overarching bedside nursing support are just a few of the many tasks I perform each day, consistently providing a superior level of compassionate patient care.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Providing comprehensive nursing support in a wide variety of surgical cases, including general, orthopedic, neuro and spine, ENT, gynecological, plastic, vascular, urological, and endoscopic procedures.
- Consistently demonstrating solid commitment to providing quality patient care in alignment with nursing philosophy, organizational standards, and legal regulations.
- Communicating effectively across diverse medical teams to ensure appropriate and necessary patient care; tracking patient progress and reports.
- Achieving credentials as a Certified Critical Care Nurse (CCRN) and a Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN); possessing a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing.
With my expertise in managing patient care and support, I am confident that I can greatly contribute to your organization. I look forward to discussing this opportunity and my qualifications in more detail. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to hearing from you.
Felicia S. Tucker