NICU Nurse Cover Letter
NICU Nurses work in neonatal intensive care units and take care of infants who are sick or premature. Typical work activities of a NICU Nurse are collaborating with other healthcare professionals, monitoring baby health condition, assisting in examinations, implementing patient care plans, providing nutrients to patients, documenting medication and treatments, advising parents on how to take care of newborns after discharge, and providing emotional support.
A well-written cover letter sample for NICU Nurse should mention the following skills and qualifications:
- Medical teamwork
- Clinical skills
- Emotional stability and compassion
- Fast thinking and decision making
- Being able to work under pressure
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- An eye for details
- Availability for work in shifts
Beneath is provided an example NICU Nurse cover letter showcasing similar job assets.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive NICU Nurse Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Ross:
As a skilled, compassionate, and deeply experienced NICU Nurse with 16 experience providing medical services and care for critically ill neonates in their first several months of life, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume. My expertise in providing direct care to both pre-term and full-term newborns will allow me to substantially assist Mountain Ridge Hospital in meeting—and exceeding—its NICU healthcare goals.
My background spans excellent experience attending newborn deliveries and resuscitations, completing NICU admissions, continually monitoring and evaluating neonates, and ensuring a caring and safe environment for patients and families. Tracking patient vitals, maintaining detailed patient and procedure records, and providing overarching neonatal nursing care are just a few of the many tasks I perform each day, consistently demonstrating high levels of empathy, patience, and emotional support.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Excelled as a NICU RN with the Davidson Trauma and Medical Center in Houston and provided high-quality neonatal care in alignment with organizational standards and legal regulations.
- Observed and recorded signs, symptoms, and behaviors of infants; accurately documented all components of nursing assessments, treatments, medications, discharge instructions, and follow-up care.
- Collaborated across medical teams—including close communications with physicians and NNPs—to formulate and implement patient care plans and appropriate protocols.
- Leveraged my compassionate nature and my ability to excel in highly emotional situations to offer both emotional guidance and medical education to parents, family members, and caregivers.
- Selected to serve as a preceptor to new NICU nurses due to superior performance.
- Earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing from Texas State University in San Antonio.
With my expertise in providing neonatal care and support within NICU units, I am confident that I can greatly contribute to Mountain Ridge Hospital in this role. I look forward to discussing this opportunity and my qualifications in more detail. Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Shayla J. Roush RN