Parking Attendant Cover Letter
Parking attendants work in parking garages and handle vehicle parking, security, and payments to optimize traffic flow, efficiency, and customer service. Typical work activities include issuing tickets, collecting payments, advising drivers on open spaces, parking and retrieving cars, and ensuring full security for vehicles and keys. Strong organization skills, a personable demeanor, and a steadfast commitment to customer service excellence are all highly beneficial to success in this position.
Cover letters for this role often mention the following:
- Car parking and retrieval
- Parking tickets and fares
- Parking availability and monitoring
- Safety and security
- Traffic flow and order
- Incident management and reports
- Valet duties
- Two-way radios
- Team collaboration
- Customer service
Please find below a sample cover letter for a parking attendant including similar skills and experience.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Mr. Young:
When I learned of your search for a new parking attendant, I quickly decided to submit my resume for your consideration. As a service-oriented and efficient individual with experience in parking and valet responsibilities, I am prepared to surpass your expectations for this role.
My background includes more than four years of experience as a parking attendant with Smart Park–City Center in downtown Portland. Obtaining keys, parking and retrieving cars, issuing tickets, collecting payments, maintaining outstanding garage security, and continually demonstrating a strong commitment to excellent customer service are just a few of the tasks at which I excel. In addition, my superior driving skills, friendly and personable nature, and dedication to customer service excellence are sure to make me an immediate asset to your staff.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Maintaining an orderly flow of arriving and departing traffic, guiding drivers to available parking spaces, monitoring premises for safety and security, and reporting any incidents or concerns to supervisor
- Manning the central valet booth in Smart Park–City Center’s garage, organizing and securing keys, and quickly retrieving vehicles upon request
- Demonstrating a 100% record of safety and service throughout my employment at Smart Park–City Center
- Possessing superior driving and parking skills; holding a valid driver’s license
- Quickly resolving issues and ensuring accurate completion of necessary tasks
With my experience and skill set, I believe I would be an excellent addition to your team, and I am ready to provide outstanding service as your next parking attendant. I look forward to discussing the position with you in more detail.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Robert J. Ouellette