Field Worker Cover Letter
Field workers work in the agricultural sector and perform the hands-on “dirty work” to grow, care for, and harvest plants. Typical on-the-job activities include planting seeds and starts, applying pesticides and fertilizers, weeding gardens, harvesting crops, and processing and storing goods for eventual sale. The ability to operate a variety of equipment, including heavy machinery and hand tools, is beneficial, and strong physical stamina and dexterity are required.
Cover letters for this role often mention the following:
- Pruning, weeding, and irrigation
- Planting, sowing, and maintaining fields
- Crop harvesting
- Tractors, trucks, harvesters, and forklifts
- General landscaping
- Inventory arrangement
- Customer service and education
- Planting best practices
- Team collaboration and leadership
Below you will find an example of a cover letter for a field worker detailing similar abilities and experience.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Mr. Reeves:
Upon viewing your posting for a field worker, I felt compelled to submit my resume for consideration. As a reliable and enthusiastic worker with physical stamina, grit, and effective collaboration skills, I am confident in my ability to make a vital contribution to your business at Joe’s Garden.
My background includes two years of recent experience in planting, harvesting, and pruning with Peterson Farm in Ferndale. From operating heavy equipment and making deliveries to sowing seeds and weeding gardens, my experience has afforded me the opportunity to acquire a comprehensive understanding of healthy planting environments, soils, and practices to grow robust crops for distribution and sale. Moreover, my abilities in communication, team leadership, and organization are solid and ready to be put to use by Joe’s Garden.
Highlights of my qualifications include…
- Utilizing various machinery and hand tools to plant fruits and vegetables, apply natural fertilizers, weed, irrigate fields, and harvest crops
- Processing and storing fruits and vegetables following their harvest and preparing goods for on-site customer sales; setting out and arranging inventory
- Consistently meeting or exceeding customer expectations and goals by leveraging my extensive knowledge of edible plants to produce beautiful products and grow the business
- Earning praise from customers and managers alike on work ethic and high level of personal integrity
With my history of success in plant sowing and harvesting – along with my superior customer service skills – I am prepared to substantially impact operations at Joe’s Garden as your newest field worker. Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to discussing this position in further detail.
James J. Ellis