Animal Care Attendant Cover Letter
Animal Care Attendants provide support over a range of areas—including feeding, safety, health, and exercise—to ensure optimal animal safety, comfort, and wellbeing. Typical activities performed in this role are feeding animals, providing drinking water, cleaning cages and facilities, administering medications when needed, stocking supplies, leading meet-and-greets with potential adopters, and maintaining records. A love of, and comfort around, animals is a must in this position.
Cover letters for Animal Care Attendants often mention skills and qualifications such as the following:
- Adoption coordination
- Customer greeting and evaluation
- Exercising and feeding
- Behavior and health monitoring
- Customer service
- Health/safety checks
Below please find a sample cover letter for an Animal Care Attendant with comparable experience and abilities shown.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Animal Care Attendant Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Mr. Heim:
As a highly organized and personable professional and animal lover with strong experience providing deep support at a regional animal shelter—complemented by exceptional interpersonal abilities—I am prepared to significantly contribute to your organization’s goals and objectives as your next Animal Care Attendant.
My background includes handling a broad array of animal care and support tasks to ensure optimal wellbeing and comfort. From greeting new animals and cleaning cages to feeding and walking animals and coordinating supplies, I am adept at coordinating various components of care to facilitate outstanding animal experiences. Additionally, I have honed my skills in animal adoption coordination, records management, and customer service. I have consistently demonstrated a steadfast commitment to animal welfare excellence and am prepared to put my skills and dedication to work for you at the Greensboro Animal Shelter.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Aiding in the daily feeding, exercising, and general maintenance of dogs, cats, rabbits, and various other animals as an assistant with Paws in Ashville for the past three years.
- Assisting with various needs such as adoption coordination, office support tasks, records management, customer service, team coordination/collaboration, and general animal care.
- Performing personality reviews and conducting meet-and-greets with customers looking for a new pet; building rapport with pet owners to cultivate trust and a superior adoption experience.
- Maintaining a sharp eye on facility cleanliness, safety, and overall comfort for all shelter residents as well as guests.
- Excelling at balancing multiple tasks while providing top-level prioritization, interpersonal, and time management strengths.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, as well as PetPoint software.
My skills in animal care, general administration, and organization—along with my dynamic collaborative abilities and my positive attitude and work ethic—position me to excel in this role, and I am confident my additional qualifications will readily translate to your environment. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be most appreciated.
Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Catherine R. Costanza