Site Supervisor Cover Letter
Site Supervisors oversee a range of responsibilities on construction projects, including logistics, crew training/management and lifecycle project execution. Developing and enforcing schedules, complying with budgets, obtaining permits and securing contracts are all routine tasks performed by Site Supervisors. In addition, strong team building and leadership skills are required.
A sampling of the skills necessary to perform this work include:
- Expertise in construction building materials and terminology
- Project management skills throughout all project stages
- A keen focus on worker safety and regulatory compliance
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to effectively train, motivate and direct workers
- Comfort interacting with cross-functional/cross-level authorities, including high-level city officials
The following is an example of a cover letter for a Site Supervisor demonstrating a similar skill set and experience level.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Site Supervisor Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Jarrett:
When I learned of your need for a Site Supervisor, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your consideration. With more than 12 years of experience in commercial construction direction and execution, as well as my formidable team leadership abilities, I am confident that I would significantly benefit your company.
From determining project scope and liaising with city officials to overseeing comprehensive construction functionalities and training and supervising crews, I have demonstrated success in driving all phases of construction project lifecycle management from ground to finish. My ability to achieve project goals—as well as my commitment to ensuring adherence to budgetary, deadline and safety requirements—position me ready to thrive in this capacity.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Supervising all aspects of large-scale commercial construction projects—encompassing schedules, permits, cost analysis, contract negotiation, safety compliance and crew direction—valued at up to $65 million.
- Innovating and introducing new safety and HazMat programs as the Construction Supervisor at Winnea Construction, resulting in zero time-lost accidents and improved crew morale.
- Ensuring consistent adherence to all MSHA and OSHA regulations to achieve a faultless rating during all inspections over the last 12 years.
- Utilizing superior organizational, interpersonal, and motivational skills to propel projects and teams to peak results.
- Earning a degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Utah; completing numerous professional development and continuing education courses over the span of my career.
With my previous solid experience in construction project and team supervision, coupled with my leadership skills and my communication and time management abilities, I believe I could swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing this opportunity in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Gregory M. O’Brien