Security and Emergency Management Specialist
Provided expert guidance to the Chairman and Commissioners, Executive Director, Senior Executive Leadership of FERC on the implementation of regulations and policies to advance the security, emergency management, facility logistical and communications and COMSEC programs.
- Developed the Commission First Insider Threat Program that established the development of information technology, physical security, and threat mitigation policies and procedures.
- Executed and implemented program initiatives to maximize the Commission's level of preparedness to respond to natural disasters and man-made emergencies.
- Transformed the Commissions Continuity and Disaster Recovery program from a passive reactionary organization into a progressive response organization, increasing the continuity team from 18 individuals to a 63-person response organization.
- Implemented the Commission first emergency alerting and notification system to Commission's Headquarters Staff and six Regional Offices, enabling near real-time emergency information flow to all 1700 employees on emergency events.
- Provided oversight and review to ensure classified material was received, transmitted, handled, stored, and accounted for.
- Served as a Commission Sensitive Compartmentalized Information Facility (SCIF) and the classified information sharing program manager.
- Responsible for designing, developing, conducting, and evaluating the testing, training, and exercising Continuity of Operations (COOP), Emergency Preparedness (EP), Contingency Planning (CP), communications systems and facility response activities.
- Directed the formulation and establishment of short- and long-term plans regarding subordinate's projects and programs to ensure the safeguard of classified national security information, the implementation of the Commissions personnel security program, physical security, and emergency management programs.
- Worked closely with Department of Homeland Security, National Continuity Programs Office, White House and other Federal Emergency Coordinators to establish and maintain Multi-Year Tests and Training and Exercise Schedules (TT&E's).