Senior Community Health Worker/clinic Provider Outreach
Execute assigned health-related social service, such as immunization, health education, client counseling, patient/client outreach and referrals to other social service agencies
- Work for Child & Teen Checkup and with other health plans and primary care clinics, maintain contacts with providers of service and agencies in the metropolitan area communities
- Familiarize and respond to patients questions with clinic procedures; recommends changes in the existing health-related social service programs and policies
- Conduct presentations to community agencies about Child and Teen Checkups and preventive health care education by using PowerPoint and overhead projector and different media systems such as radio, television and video
- Perform and work with Metro Area clinics, coordinate with community agencies and HMO's; nurses and physicians about child and teen checkups, maintain records, reports, and develop publications, brochures for the program Planning and implementing school and community based health promotion effort: Roosevelt High School and Broadway School - Presenting Child & Teen Check Ups preventive health care by collaborating with school social workers and promote healthy living through PowerPoint presentation and displaying printed Health Promotion materials. Lead Strategic Planner: Minneapolis Teen Parent Connection Health Information Resource Faire. Develop and deliver trainings, conferences and presentations.
- MN Fathers and Family Network: Develop and delivered conference presentation and workshops