Serve as Security Manager and Contracting Officer Technical Representative (COTR) for the national security contract ($7.6M) and Technical Monitor for the uniformed security officer contract ($12M). Create, review, and implement security designs, standards, and procedures for nine (9) headquarters buildings, eight (8) regional offices, and eighty-seven (87) field offices. Lead the development and implementation of security policies/procedures, oversee the physical security program, investigate complaints, and maintain security awareness initiatives, and ensure personnel adhere to security policy.
- Worked with government employees and contract personnel to improve emergency/standard operating procedures, which enhanced response time of first responders by 33%.
- - Conducted market research for a service provider/product which would enable the Physical Security Unit to implement a nationwide inventory database with real-time capabilities.
- Implemented a strategic planning process which enabled the Physical Security Unit to identify long-term goals and set objectives to achieve them.
- Started and currently administers an intra-sectional training program which promotes cross-training across security disciplines.
- Instrumental in the agency-wide implementation of the Identity, Credential, Access Management (ICAM, commonly referred to as Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12 or HSPD-12) program. Formulated plan to badge 3000+ employees in twelve (12) month period.
- Supervised a 200+ guard force.