Responsible for the overall safety of a NH-based Boston drywall company, including the health and safety of 100-300 union employees (carpenters, laborers, and tapers). Monitored up to twelve separate work sites, including high rise buildings, research facilities, hospitals, universities, and museums. Worked with leading Boston general contractors such as Turner Construction, Bovis-Lend Lease, and John Moriarity and Associates.
- Reviewed site conditions and recommended corrective actions to general contractors.
- Enforced worker safety through a health and safety plan.
- Coordinated OSHA compliance pre and post inspection.
- Trained workers in Hilti, Laser, scaffold, and aerial lift usage.
- Developed JHA bank for multiple tasks including shaft work and scaffolds.
- Researched and developed new and improved methods for safe access to work areas.
- Trained union laborers for job assignments and managed personnel changes.
- Reviewed accidents and liaised with workers compensation carriers for return to work strategies.
- Steered the safety committee on a quarterly basis.
- Involved in many OCIP and CCIP insured job sites.