Engineering Coordinator / Hse Engineer
Engineering Coordinator responsible for 22+ engineers plus engineering project feasibility, planning, scheduling, implementation and maintenance into a lean manufacturing environment.
- Researched, cost analyzed, approved or denied, scheduled and implemented engineering changes for eight product lines with over 30 models of road building construction machinery sold worldwide.
- Reduced number of days to complete changes/releases to manufactured equipment by more than 30% and rework costs of inventory by approximately 15%.
- HSE Engineer, with strong Human Resources involvement, responsible for HSE compliance, workers' compensation administration, product safety coordination and risk management issues.
- Instituted HSE program and reduced OSHA total recordable incident rate over 75%, for facility with over 500 manufacturing employees, thus reducing WC costs and reserves by over 75%.
- Cut paint application costs over 30% annually by implementing an environmental action plan for decrease in paint usage, increase in paint recycling and reduction in paint waste disposal. Wrote and obtained permit allowing facility to transition from a Title V Air Permit to a Synthetic Minor Air Permit.
- Decreased external risk significantly by acting as liaison between legal, corporate, manufacturing, engineering, and quality departments to ensure product compliance with ISO standards in US.
- Aided corporate with legal, environmental and logistical issues during purchase and shutdown of any facilities in North America.