Senior Purchasing Buyer
Purchased all Kan Ban, tooling, MRO supplies such as fasteners, saw blades, cables, gear boxes, motors, plastic, and steel for all manufactured powered metal automotive parts. Cost savings by negotiating current suppliers and researching for lower items costs resulted in $173,000.00 for 2003.
- Provided ongoing cost savings by monitoring minimum maximum inventor eliminating non-usage parts and returning to suppliers for credit. This resulted in an $81,000.00 cost avoidance.
- Followed up on purchase orders placed to insure on time delivery.
- Supported accounts payable by following up on invoice discrepancies and verified correct shipment/purchase orders on packing lists. Followed up and completed weekly unresolved invoice list viewed by CFO. Aspired for weekly achievements in A/P Key Measurable
- Verified supplier quality by visiting current sub-contractors and writing up findings to North American purchasing and manager and supervisors.
- Placed into logistics one month after hire to manage scheduling of shipments from plant, as well as daily entering of activity and inventory reviewed by corporate headquarters.
- Monitored Chrysler internet system for required automotive part shipments in United States and Mexico.
- Three months spent dividing time between Purchasing and QS 9000 document and data control.
- November 2002 in charge of purchasing for three plants in Michigan: Owosso, Romulus, and Zeeland.