Focus Factory Manager
Responsibilities: Manage a three shift partially automated sheet metal fabrication operation of up to 60 employees including production, supervisors, maintenance, quality technicians, CNC programmers and manufacturing engineering. Responsible for driving improvement plans for key department metrics including productivity, safety, quality, on-time delivery, 5S and set-up reduction.
- Improved and maintained department productivity from mid 70% to high 90% through employee accountability programs and improved communication within one quarter
- Justified and implemented a $750,000 automated laser cutting cell on time and under budget
- Drove set-up improvement projects that reduced press brake set-up times by more than 50%
- Enforced use of lights out capability on automated equipment increasing run time ten hours daily
- Rewarded with Emerson stock options each year by the division president
- Department won the quarterly plant managers award three out of eight quarters