Pre-op and PACU RN
Assigned to the Outpatient Vascular Surgical Center and maintain/repair AV Grafts and AV Fistulas, Peritoneal Dialysis Catheters, and Perm-caths; insert/removal of Mediports. Assist with Angioplasties and Thrombectomies performed under fluoroscopy in surgical suites with patients under conscious sedation.
- Handle admissions intake & prep of patients in pre-op suite; obtain telephonic pre-operative insurance approvals and peri-operative telephonic Case Management.
- Assist with installation of Anticoagulants (TPA/Heparin); administer IV conscious sedation medications under physician supervision.
- Use an E-charting applications and ICD coding for billing purposes.
- Perform post-operative detailed observation utilizing cardiac/respiratory monitors in state-of-the-art PACU Suites.
- Administer additional pain meds and Intravenous Reversal Agents under ACLS guidelines.
- Provide post-operative teaching prior to discharge and post-operative follow-ups performed by telephonic reviews one to two days after discharges.