School of Nursing Clinical Instructor
Served as a professional clinical instructor demonstrating and teaching patient care in a hospital setting and skills lab. Observed and assisted students in the nursing process in a variety of clinical settings, med-surge, ER, ICU, surgery, labor and delivery, nursery, NICU, and postpartum. Co-taught skills lab and evaluated and graded students during skills check offs. Provided a positive environment conducive for learning through a team player attitude during collaboration with students and colleagues.
- Prepared and administered weekly examinations, testing student's skills, nursing processes, assessment, implementation, documentation, medication administration, and calculations.
- Issued weekly assignments, graded 5-8 case studies, care plans, and assessment tool.
- Aided students understanding of disease process.
- Facilitated students' critical thinking development through explanation, demonstration, and observation while insuring student and patient safety.
- Strived to exemplify a competent representative for students and faculty of the schools of nursing.