Public School Librarian
Provided a range of front-line lending services, including issue and discharge of books, took fines and fees, dealt with enquiries related to overdue books and fines, and other lending matters, referred the more complex of these to senior personnel.
- Organized the work of Relief personal on duty and reported as necessary to the principal.
- Received members queries, controlled access to the Library, dealt with exit barrier incidents and general enquiries related to the Library.
- Undertook a variety of activities within the Library to include dealing with teacher's book requests, processing student misuse of library, shelving and shelf-checking, recording lost property and dealing with routine photocopier problems.
- Searched databases in order to locate and access material held by the Library or other institutions to assist academic staff, researchers and other students with their studies and research.
- Offered general advice to library users on library materials to enable them to pursue their study/research/teaching effectively. This involved answering ad hoc enquiries and participating in organized enquiry service.
- Carried out a range of financial management duties including the compromise with library funds, use of the Library's financial management system for purchasing and sales invoices.