Public Librarian IV
Statewide selector for public library system in literature, foreign language, and language grammar books and related materials according to library policies and procedures.
- Develop collection of print, audiovisual, and electronic materials. Create library displays to aid in advertising collection.
- Selects, provides bibliographic and ordering information, and annotates books placed on statewide ordering lists (using MS Excel and SharePoint) for selection by State Library and branches.
- Maintains assigned collection (Dewey Decimal) - add, replace, select for mending or bindery, or withdraw titles as necessary. Limited repairing tasks; usually assigned to technician or student assistant.
- Answers questions received by mail, telecommunications, e-mail, or in person. Instructs users in basic research methods, assists them in search strategies and locating sources of information.
- Directs users to the appropriate personnel in library system when applicable. Hears complaints, resolves the problem, or refers the user as necessary.
- Provides consultative services statewide to all libraries on reference and bibliographic concerns.