Library Media Specialist
Oversee collection development, analyze patron needs, review incoming materials and obtain copyright permissions. Set borrowing and lending policies for Inter-Library loans, verify citations & requests and locate materials. Manage online catalogs and databases, create original catalog records and assign LC classifications.
- Evaluate and select library materials to meet the curricular and individual needs of students.
- Assist students in use of library resources and materials; integrate library services and multi-media materials with the academic curricula; coordinate with faculty to ensure services meet student/teacher needs.
- Maintain library catalog and records of LMC materials; plan, equip and maintain the facility for maximum productivity and usability; purchase print and non-print LMC materials and ensure collection stays current.
- Recruit, train and deploy volunteer and student staff and library personnel to provide quality LMC services.
- Liaise with executive management and manage community relations; evaluate services and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.