Legislative Assistant/systems Administrator
Develop talking points, speeches, vote recommendations, and legislative proposals for issue areas in my portfolio, including: Haiti and the Caribbean, Judiciary, Veterans Affairs, Energy, Environment, Tax, Trade, Immigration, Postal, and Animal Rights.
- Prepare materials and staff the Congresswoman at full Appropriations committee hearings and communicate programmatic and bill/report language requests to committee staff.
- Worked with bipartisan, bicameral, committee, and leadership staff to successfully pass H.R. 3509, the Assessing Progress in Haiti Act of 2013 out of the House of Representatives.
- Build relationships and collaborate with other congressional offices, interest groups, and administration staff to advance Congresswoman Lee's legislative agenda.
- Plan and organize briefings and events to educate congressional members and staff on issues important to the Congresswoman and her constituents.
- Provide detailed and clear step-by-step instructions to staff and the Member to troubleshoot technical issues on their computer, printer, mobile device, or remote workstation.