Warehouse Operations Manager
Responsible for Warehouse operations of 80 to 120 employees, including 3 shift supervisors, 4 dock administrators, maintenance coordinator, shipping and receiving crews, order pick teams, inventory control, food plant manufacturing, palletizing crews, budget expenses, planning, staffing, capital and process improvements projects, Lean manufacturing methodology and KPI development, DSD distribution.
- Led process improvement team to reduce store delivery miss-picks from 1.75% in 2006 to 0.29% at the end of 2008, greatly reducing the cost of rework, product returns, redeliveries and improving customer service and customer satisfaction.
- Utilized team members to develop ideas for process improvements for case pick and direct store delivery to customers on a timely basis and in excellent condition resulting in increased hourly pick rate from 120 to 170 pieces per hour in 2007, reduced labor costs and headcount.
- Implemented over one million dollars in capital improvements to Texas operations and distribution center to reduce repair and maintenance costs by 20% over 2006.
- Promoted 8 employees out of hourly pool to higher levels in the organization as a direct result of mentoring.
- Assisted with the development and implementation of improvements to the overall appearance of the distribution center including sanitation schedules as part of 5-S methodology and factoring into individual performance bonuses.
- Maintained impeccable safety record demonstrated by 2.5 years without recordable injury in the department.
- Strong PC skills with a good understanding of Excel, Word, and Power point software.