- Featured in:
The best examples from thousands of real-world resumes
Handpicked by resume experts based on rigorous standards
Tailored for various backgrounds and experience levels
How to Format a Mcdonald's Cashier Resume
Step up your game with the correct resume format. Regardless of your experience level, using the proper format can help showcase your strengths on your resume.
Resume formats lead recruiters straight to your best traits by placing your most in-demand skills or experience at the top of your resume.
If you are a recent graduate, changing careers, or have less than three years of experience as a McDonald's cashier, use the functional resume format to emphasize your best skills.
However, if you have 10+ years of work experience, the chronological resume format puts the spotlight on your consistent work history, starting with your most recent job and working backward.
Job seekers with three to nine years of experience should use the combination resume. This format combines the best of the chronological and functional formats.
Here are some examples of how these formats highlight a candidate's best career qualifications for McDonald's.
1. Candidate A - Chronological Resume
- 10 years in workforce
- 5 months at this job
- HS Mathematics
June 2022 - current, Kissimmee, FL
- Making sure that your area is stocked before leaving for your shift.
- Prepare the food, clean and sanitize the food.
- Greet and assist customers with purchases.
2. Candidate B - Functional Resume
- 2 months in the workforce
- 6 months at this job
- HS High School Diploma
- Handles money transactions and issues receipts.
- Serves as a cashier, operating the cash register without shortages.
- Assembles food to ensure fast service.
- Friendly demeanor and excellent people skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Builds rapport with guests to resolve conflicts and create a positive experience.
Mcdonald's Cashier Resume Samples
No results found
months in workforce
months at this job
Customer service was a needed tool in being a McDonald's Cashier.
- Being able to solve problems very quickly and having to lead a large group of your crew at once, in order to complete the tasks at hand.
- Knowing what to say, and what not to say in a work environment and keeping everyone safe through your knowledge of the job was also a needed aspect of this job.
- In order to work at 12 for life you had to be on time every single day ready to take your pre-shift class, punctuality was a must for this job.
- Having to meet a high production rate in little time, and having to distribute the workload evenly throughout the hours was a much needed aspect for the job.
months in workforce
months at this job
- Making sure that the your area is stocked up before leaving from shift
- Preparing the food, cleaning and sanitizing the food
- Greeted and assist customers with purchase
years in workforce
years at this job
- Handle money transactions and issue receipts
- Communicate with customers in a fast and friendly manner
- Assemble food to ensure fast service
More Mcdonald's Cashier
Edit This Resume
Mcdonald's Cashier Resume Success Stories
Mcdonald's Cashier Resume FAQ
What should I put on my McDonald's cashier resume?
A resume includes the following information:
- Contact information
- Career objective or professional summary
- Other optional sections
Organize your resume's sections according to the resume format you choose. When highlighting your work history, use three to four bullet points to show measurable achievements of how you made an impact in your previous role.
What are the skills needed to land a McDonald's cashier role?
The fast-paced food industry requires stamina and impeccable customer support. Get hired with the 20 most in-demand skills for 2023:
- Mathematical skills
- Inventory management
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Active listening skills
- Team player
- Positive attitude
- Customer service
- Product knowledge
- Organizational skills
- Stress management
- Point-of-sale (POS) system and PAR software
- Operating automated food and beverage systems
- Ability to work under pressure