Construction Inspector / Project Manager
Partner with large local construction contractors to oversee multiple project stages from inception to completion to ensure projects meet regulations and comply with strict building codes. Additionally serve as project manager for large scale design and build projects. Manage staff, resources, logistics, and scheduling as well as site inspections, audits, maintenance, and reporting. Perform surveys, compile data, and provide detailed project plans. Oversee staffing in order to complete projects.
- Performed inspections for the Hampton EB ramp to I-44 as well as a soil nail wall replacement beneath the Hampton overpass; handled and engineering multiple materials while skillfully coordinating relationships with contractor to meet contract and compliance standards.
- Managed $2.3M project involving super-paving I-64, pavement repair, barrier wall placement, bridge rehabilitation, and guardrail replacement; coordinated well with community partners to maintain timeline and resolve project concerns.
- Oversaw bridge rehabilitation of 9th Street ramp on I-64; completed painting and repair within budget and timelines expectations.
- Co-managed bridge painting and structural steel placement project for a $26.2M seismic retrofit, including drilled shafts, pin pile, concrete footings, super-structure repair, and slab edge repair.
- Directed Poplar Street Bridge project including epoxy polymer repair, epoxy polymer overlay, sub-structure repair, electrical upgrades, and steel repair in bridge girders.