Salesman, and Glazier, Business Owner
Read and determine size, shape, color, type, or thickness of glass, location of framing, installation procedures, or staging or scaffolding materials required.
- Fabricate or install metal sashes or moldings for glass installation, using aluminum or steel framing
- Measure mirrors and dimensions of areas to be covered to determine work procedures
- Fasten glass panes into wood sashes or frames with clips, points, or moldings, adding weather seals or putty around pane edges to seal joints
- Secure mirrors in position, using mastic cement, putty, bolts, or screws.
- Cut, fit, install, repair, or replace glass or glass substitutes, such as plastic or aluminum, in building interiors or exteriors or in furniture or other products.
- Cut and remove broken glass prior to installing replacement glass.
- Set glass doors into frames and bolt metal hinges, handles, locks, or other hardware to attach doors to frames and walls.
- Score glass with cutters' wheels, breaking off excess glass by hand or with notched tools.